March 12, 2010

Susan G. Komen for the Cure

So I know I haven't posted in a while (my bad), and I have plenty to update on, but first I want to tell you all about something Allen and I are participating in this year - the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure.

We will be walking 60 miles over the course of three days with thousands of other women and men. Net proceeds from the Komen 3-Day for the Cure are invested in breast cancer research and community programs. One person is diagnosed with breast cancer every three minutes in the United States alone. But ten times that amount of women are considered to be high risk due to their family histories - including myself.

I want to help put an end to these risks to research new technologies, treatments, and preventative methods. That's why Allen and I are walking so far - to do something bold about breast cancer. I'll keep you all posted on this incredible adventure and the training we take on for it!



___________________________________________________________________________
If you would like to help contribute to our fundraising efforts, please use the link at the top right to donate. Between the two of us, we have committed to raising almost $5,000, so we can use all the help we can get!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you guys! I have some friends who are doing this as well. What I don't understand is where do you sleep for the two nights? Do you camp? Stay in hotels?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You camp out. What happens is they have designated check points, so you're done around 7 pm each night. Then they have trucks that transport all of your stuff to the campground for you, you pick your stuff up, put up your tent, and get dinner and hang for the rest of the night until you start again the next morning!

    ReplyDelete